CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Great-horned owl

Hoo-h-HOO-hoo-hoo
Great horned you appear, brown and gray
Like bark, to me. Owl.

This is for the great-horned owl that talks to me almost every night when I take the dogs for their last "potty." I hear them when I'm bird watching (at sunrise) at both EE Wilson and Finley. On the nights that I'm up, driven by an seen force to keep sowing until far into the night, the great-horned owls talk to me as well. Occasionally I want to snuggle them! While I'm on the subject of great-horned owls I found a pumpkin ale, called night owl and featuring a painting of a great-horned owl on the bottle, while we were in Eugene. It's from the Elysian Brewing Company in Seattle, WA. It's supposed to be for Samhein, but I don't know that I want to wait that long to drink it.

Photo from: www.gatorfarm.com/birds.html

2 comments:

me ann my camera said...

This is a great picture. I never see Owls and I think you are so lucky to be able to photograph one!
ann

Bird Wicks said...

Alas, I must admit I didn't take this picture. Thank you for reminding me that even photos on a blog need source information!