CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gone coastal

On Thursday we headed to Newport, OR yet again. It was nice to be there on a day when tourist numbers were low. Agate Beach was relatively empty, allowing for maximum dog play. Moose has been doing really well with other dogs, but we had a near run in (I don't think he knew it though). These two older women and their chihuahuas were visiting the beach, the chihuahuas off leash. We realized it and noted that they weren't really being watched. In order to head off any trouble I lead Moose and Freyja in a large arc around the women. Even still the chihuahuas came tearing toward us, barking their little heads off. At first the women seemed unconcerned, even after I started walking quickly away from them. Finally they called the dogs off. I'm glad as I would have hated for Moose to have consumed one of their dogs (not that I think he actually would have, but he could have seriously injured one of them). I had some moonstones and herbs to leave for the ocean so we headed to cobble beach next. Most of the moonstones were left on a rock with a prayer said over them. The ocean claimed her gift and we headed on. Next we stopped at Quarry Cove (my favorite). I left the remaining moonstones and herbs, mostly for the harbor seals!

Friday Julie and I walked to Fred Meyer. At one point the dogs took off behind me, I've gotta' get better about keeping my footing while being spun around. They were trying to get to a lovely white husky, who seemed confused by Moose's growls. When they first spun me I had the option to either allow myself to fall and maintain some control over the dogs or fight for my footing but possibly loose control over the dogs. I chose falling, but the dog kept advancing. Thankfully Julie grabbed our dogs and an argument was avoided. The most frustrating part of all was the husky's neighbor coming out and telling us that "pizza is friendly." To which I replied "he's not," pointing at Moose while smiling at the gentlemen. I just don't understand people. The husky was off leash, in town with no tags and only a harness for gripping (harnesses also get stuck to the bottom of vehicles very easily). Don't people think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No! People do not think! The little beagle down the road (who I found at the animal shelther after being missing for almost two months because she didn't have ID was back a my house the same day she came home with ow collar or ID
I put an ols collar i had on her and walk her back to her house were the people were having a party celebarteing the dog's return.How stupid was that?

Julie said...

people...eeesh

Anonymous said...

pizza? who the hell wants a dog to be named that? its not an italian greyhound.no i guess they dont think.