CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Final day of surveying

Finally, the vegetation surveys are done. I'm a little sad, but the excuse to stick to trails for awhile is appreciated! We found remains of one of "my" northern harriers, I believe the female. I know that death and consumption are a "fact of life" but it still makes me very sad. The harriers have worked their way into my heart this summer. They've mowed out there too, cut down a ton of the black hawthorn, I guess they're going to burn it again this year. It's probably a good thing I'm not looking at getting into management of this sort, the policies I've seen this summer make me crazy!

I called University of Washington today, to request an admissions packet. The woman I talked to was very friendly. Another phone call was placed to John Marzluff, the professor I want to work with for my graduate degree. Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor M at washington will be lucky to gdet you!

Anonymous said...

I have to preview my comments more! my fingers just whip across the keyboard hitting the wrong keys


lucky to get you.

yesterday's comment should be (don't eat the apple)