CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

vows, confirmed.


This weekend went well. I had the opportunity to take Julie to one of my favorite places in the world. We got lost a little when first getting into Charleston, three years since I last went and I apparently couldn't remember 100% of the directions. I was tired due to the lack of sleep and the long drive so getting lost made me grumpy, I got over it though. We went to Shore Acres via Simpson Beach (Shell Cove). Upon seeing the cove Julie decided we should have our ceremony there. I, of course, agreed because it is my favorite place EVER. There were a lot of Rufus hummingbirds and Cedar waxwings at the botanical gardens. Just around the Northern bend of the Cove there were Common murres going crazy in the water. We couldn't count them all but it sounded like there were well over one hundred! The ceremony went very well, we're now bound for life (which I'm just fine with). Today it's back to the grindstone. Tomorrow it's back out at sunrise. Hopefully things will go a little smoother at Finley than they did last week, though I suppose only struggling through one place it alright. What would life be without a little struggle?

4 comments:

Julie said...

indeed it is one of the coolest places ever...boo to getting back to work...meh.i preffer sleep.

mrsturtlemama said...

Here I go...making another comment (you know I am a chatterbox!) Ha ha about being grumpy from driving...sounds like me! I adore Shore Acres. When I lived in Port Orford, I visited there frequently,though it's been a long time. I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

it was a gorgeous place...perfect for your and hipies purposes...CONGRATULATIONS....you guys deserve all the happiness
hobbit loves ya....thanks for letting me be a part of it

Anonymous said...

Indeed... what would life be without a little struggle...