CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Day

Today has been very productive. I did a lot of housework, finished a book for FW 470, made backgrounds for Julie and myself, played with the dogs, and contacted Les Schwab, Qwest, and my adviser.

Julie reminded me that rough drafts of our papers are due next Monday, I'm not nearly prepared for that! We need to watch a video for FW 470 too but the Olympics are on, so who knows if or when that'll happen! I should do some data entry today too. I applied for a position as Compost Coordinator at the Student Sustainability Center today. I love dirty jobs so I'm pretty sure that collecting and maintaining compost will be right up my ally. It'll also be an on-campus job to bring in a little extra money (hopefully avoiding another loan). My days will end up being REALLY busy, but oh well! My adviser gave me a list of schools that have researchers/graduate advisers that work within my interests. Most of them are in the South/Southeast and Midwest, which I think is really interesting. Why aren't we doing more to study urbanization and resource use in the west? University of WA is the only college that he recommended for the west coast. So odd. If Julie ever gets a list from her adviser it'll be interesting to see if any of the universities "line-up".

Finally, the men's 4x100 freestyle relay was amazing last night! Jason Lezak was AMAZING. Well and truly, amazing. USA gymnasts were expected to do superbly, thankfully it was just the qualifying round that they messed up so badly during, Sean Johnson was fantastic though. The 33 year old German gymnast, Oksana C., did amazing at the vault last night too. 33 and still a gymnast, I remember her during the Barcelona Olympics! There is also a female swimmer that is older than most. She's 41, Dara Torres, and I think it is fantastic to see "older" people competing this year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

uifHey dirty jobs are not so bad. Michael Rowe got a T.V. show out of them! LOL

A. Go Torres!