CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oops

Right now I should be at Finley, trudging through the (likely very wet) bushes. I crashed out last night, not setting the alarm or getting anything ready for today. I therefore woke up late, too late really. I feel as though it is okay, since it was raining pretty hard. They're calling for more rain throughout the day (though there is currently none). Yesterday there were scattered thunderstorms off and on all day. They weren't calling for them today, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get stuck in one while out surveying! We're leaving for Grants Pass Thursday, meaning I won't be surveying this week. Hmmm, how does this affect things? I'm not sure. Next week I go to Seattle with my parents, Rhonda and Audrey. We'll be leaving on the 26th and coming back on the 28th, meaning I'd have to survey Monday, Friday, Saturday. I haven't heard back from Doug, so I'm not sure what to do. Ugh . . .

I finished the Huckleberry rough draft yesterday. It is 10 pages of text. It may or may not be good, I didn't really read through the whole thing, just in pieces. The fact that huckleberries are in such high demand is quite amazing to me. I still go to the coast and run into people that don't know what they are, apparently they're only popular in areas where they occur on several thousand acres. This is a rather weird situation really. Nobody is sure how best to manage the plants or the people, people are lying to the forest service to get out of following commercial regulations and sometime people are bringing guns and dogs in order to protect "their" bushes. Yes indeed folks, here in the Pacific Northwest we are all CRAZY!

Julie and I are headed to the Oregon zoo. If we get a two plus one membership (same as at the aquarium) we can get into any zoo in the country. Cool! Now I suppose we'll be headed to Portland on a semi-regular basis too, not that I'd complain about that!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only noethwest people are crazy! We have people who come up from NYC and long island who have (weekend homes)that bring up ATV's and go up and down our dirt road tooo fast. They think it's fun but I'm sure they would not like it if we went speeding in front of there homes. i was thnking about huckleberries on Sat. my friend kathy came for a vist and we went bluberry picking on Mt. Washington,MA. No people with guns though. A