CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Schools in . . .

Three days into the term and I'm already wishing it could be winter break! I suppose that isn't entirely true, I like the classes I'm in and the work isn't overwhelming me yet. There's just a lot of work to do, class presentations included. I hate talking in front of classes. Most of these cats aren't even here to listen to the professor, they just want to graduate and get out. Why would they "want" to listen to me? Also, I don't feel as though speaking up makes me smarter . . . or maybe I just have such low self-esteem (large insecurities) that I'm not confident enough. I can get up in front of people to talk about wildlife and birds though. I'm so weird.

I've come to realize that I can't make a good scientist, these three days of classes saw to that! The reason is that scientists have to remain objective. They can advocate for things with lectures or donations, but the science is just that, science. If a study has results you don't like then you have to deal with the outcome, like it or not. Not that I think data should be manipulated. I just think that I want to be an advocate, I want to be involved in helping repair some of the damage and open minds to what the EARTH has to offer. You know, get people out of the house, away from the computer screen (haha) and into nature. I still want to know what's going on, study things of interest and what-not, I just don't think I want to do so via academia.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love you. i'm feelin pretty exhausted already too...meh

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to do things you don't like ,to get to do the things you enjoy life is hell.