CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Forever

It feels like forever since I last posted. Of course if forever was really only 10 days or so I think we'd all be pretty sad. Well we'd be sad other than the "forever" promises we make that we want out of, then we'd be awfully glad.

I missed last week's ethno-ornithology blog, with good reason. Homework. Well, that and we played around on Saturday. Anyway, I was going to post Monday, then I had my brakes fixed, which took SIX hours! Albany, OR is the closest GM Certified shop in the Valley, so I went to Albany, with the only homework not on my computer. I finished reading and doing my Math homework withing about three. Needless to say Monday was really busy by the time I got home! I switched around a class so I had a ton of reading to do during the week, two assignments due at the end of the week . . . *sigh.* I'm finally caught up (for the most part) and still have a ton of stuff to do. Maybe things will slow down more by next weekend. Ha!

On Wednesday I met with Doug. We talked about the research project. I was feeling pretty down on it until I talked to him. He seemed happy with the data, impressed with my ability to keep up with the large number of birds I encountered (there were at least 300 birds each day, often more than 500). We discussed next summer and whether or not I want to band as well. As much as I love banding I don't want birds to die because I'm taking so long at each net. There would definitely be some kinks to work out there. We also discussed graduate school. He's encouraging me to go and that makes me feel good, it's a little overwhelming right now though. This research project plus homework, plus trying to find schools to apply to and then actually applying. It's looking like I may take a year off in order to finish this project and get my graduate school prospects lined up. Also, Julie really wants to apply for the bridge position. It makes me feel like hurrying to get everything done may be a little pointless. I'll look into some of the programs here at OSU, maybe some of the one year certificates or something.

Bleah, back to homework. I'll have an ethno-ornithology blog posted by tomorrow night (think James Audubon).