CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Collectory"

The "big project" for one of my classes is to be a collection of something we are interested in, related to our "subject" and related to adolescent development. Logically I have decided to work on collecting bits and pieces about birds (I basically have a collectory at home of bird-related "stuff"). I'm not sure how to relate this to adolescent development, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Additionally, I discovered that I have to pay $2 EACH for Interlibrary Loan journal articles. This could be expensive as SOU doesn't subscribe to a great deal of the journals I need access to for my thesis. I still haven't heard from one of the professors that agreed to be a member of my thesis committee. I've got to track him down this week. I also still need to find a third (or forth) member. It has been recommended that I contact the ornithologist at the USFWS Forensics Lab in Ashland. I'd be pretty excited if he agreed to be on my committee. I've also greatly refined my project (I think) and am feeling more excited about things overall. Also, more concerned about time, timing and things of that nature. Ah well, the life of a graduate student!

0 comments: