CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Extended weekend

This weekend is a four day weekend. While not having a schedule to constrain my life is wonderful, I have many projects due in the coming week. Thus, my weekend is not nearly as full of relaxation as I'd like. My winter break will be similarly structured with gift making, thesis proposal writing and PhD professor seeking on the agenda. Hopefully, there will be enough snow for a little snowshoeing too.


Its winter and I have, once again, become very self-reflective. I think this graduate program is helping with this process. I've always loved teaching, but I'm learning more and more about the places I do not want to teach in. I'm also realizing that I truly love natural resources and conservation. Understanding how we interact with the world around us and what we can do to preserve nature. Research is a must in my future. I've also come to realize that meetings really are just not my "thing," particularly inefficient and unproductive meetings. I don't need to have meetings about meetings, I need to have meetings about progressing forward with decisions and what-not.

Anyway, I'm off to an Environmental Education Holiday Potluck. Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments: