CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mountains

I went into the mountains today, to find trees for decorating the houses of my parents and each of my sisters. Five dogs and four kids later I feel full of joy. The dogs were good (mine even listened the whole time!) and the kids full of laughter. We talked about trees and rocks and lichen and moss. We often talk about birds too, but I'm certain the altitude and the ruckus kept any birds in the area at bay. The lack of snow did not dampen spirits, though sledding is certainly more fun than playing in the dirt. Perhaps the snows will come soon enough for a family outing before Winter Term starts again. Being an auntie is one of the greatest joys in my life. Sharing my love for birds and nature the icing on the cake.


2 comments:

Richard King said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, thank you.

Bird Wicks said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Richard!