CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Graduate School

Graduate School has "officially" started, though it started in June for me in actuality. The two classes I am currently taking are "Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment" through the College of Education and "Environmental Issues" through the Biology Department. The education class is going to be a bit rough but that is because state standards are appalling and a tad hard for me to wrap my brain around. I am willing to acknowledge that standards will not some how equalize the playing field intellectually but rather create problems for youth at both ends of the learning spectrum. I have to come up with an environmental issue to write about for the environmental issues class. The scads of possible topics make this a rough decision but I really do need to make it by 1400 hours tomorrow. I've started talking/thinking thesis too. My interests are so varied and my mind is not always a focused mind so this process is a little daunting right now. Anyway, I'll post on here as often as I can. Currently I'm trying to unpack, work in the community garden and attend graduate school so I will not likely be posting again for a few weeks. Cheers to you all. Enjoy the sunshine and birds (particularly as the little ones are fledging and oh so funny to watch!)!

0 comments: