CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Success!

I gave my presentation on "Feral Horses in the Arid West" tonight. It is amazing that even though I avoided emotional, political, etc arguements that the presentation + questions + debate took up 30 minutes of class, 15 minutes over our "alloted" time. I'd say that makes it at least somewhat successful. In true "Bird" style I was extraordinarily nervous and a bit scattered, at least at the beginning. Apparently I made at least a little sense because everyone commended me on my presentation. Funny that in my own wandering and sometimes rambling way...I seem to make sense. Anyway, I am relieved to have this overwith as there are many other pressing bird issues, ethno-ornithological topics of interest and what-not that I would like to focus on. Though I am certain I could have a series of blogs just about "free-roaming" horses and likely never tire of the topic. I like horses. I like birds. I like desert ecosystems. Birds and desert plants are natives. Horses are not. There has to be a happy way to preserve desert ecosystems and allow SMALL bands of horses to remain in already distrubed habitats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to say it again, good work!

now let's have some more bloggy goodness ;)

Bird Wicks said...

I'm working on it! Lol! I watched a wild kingdom episode today about African Wild Dogs. I love those funny little canines. Currently my mind is on them.