CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rinse and repeat

Alas I did not keep up with blogging in the last year (ish). I mostly keep my thoughts in my head, or randomly spout them at people who acquiesce my ramblings but never seem to know quite what to say in return. Sometimes they seem to share my horror, but maybe they are horrified by my outbursts (an amusing thought I dare say). When I started this blog ethno-ornithology brought up very few links when searched. Today, there were two pages brought up before I found my blog (which I had to Google because I couldn't remember the name or my log-in information for certain until today). Maybe this is a good sign for me. Maybe this means FINALLY some professor will decide to humor my interest in people and birds (how we affect them and how they affect us...mythology would be a good thing to include in there too).

I am taking a Geology class this term. Two parts "because I miss college/university" and one part "because I need to know more about Geology." Having not spent much time invested in the specifics/basics of geology I must say my brain is feeling challenged. A lovely feeling indeed. The instructor is funny and I remembered how interesting community colleges are. I am concurrently enrolled in the Master Gardener program (thanks to my AmeriCorps site sponsor). Yay OSU! I find the program a bit too social for me but the people seem genuinely interested in soil and green things and food (yum!) so it eases some of the pain.

So, here's to hoping I can carve a little time out of my life/time to do something I miss and truly enjoy doing...researching and relaying information!

0 comments: