CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

New birds

So, I figured out what the new bird is. The first one I saw had something stuck to its head, but I saw it so briefly I thought it was crown color. They are yellow-rumped warblers. We didn't have any visit us in Albany, even in February of last year we didn't see any. Therefore this is a VERY exciting realization for me. There were two of them eating suet, arguing, looking cute. We also have had several fox sparrows and what appear to be hermit thrush. On my walk this morning I saw 12 western bluebirds, which brought great joy to my heart as well. Finally, I saw another of my favorite birds . . . a varied thrush. Sadly, it was dead, apparently it ran into a window at Moreland Hall on OSU's campus. Birds were out in abundance this morning, I feel happy and whole.

Ornithology blog in the works, it may pertain to people as well but I'm not sure yet. Eh, peace to you all.

4 comments:

PW said...

Oh the birds, The flickers have been very active today. Flitting about and arguing about nothing. Their song makes me feel alive and happy to have the health I have. I love you littlebird. Off to do chores. Lambs due soon.

Julie said...

I wish you were still posting here...

Anonymous said...

i saw my first varied thrush today... and thought of you against my better judgement... I'll tell it to this dead blog.

Bird Wicks said...

This blog isn't dead.