CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bird feeder madness


Our bird feeders are experiencing a high level of use right now. Birds that normally don't visit us are here in decent numbers. There are roughly 10 juncos; our typical winter flock of red-breasted nuthatches, black-capped chickadees and chestnut-backed chickadees; the white-breasted nuthatch and at least six golden-crowned sparrows! The golden-crowned sparrows made my day. I've been watching a flock of them for a couple of weeks now. They're usually hanging out in the blackberry bushes at the dog park, I hear them when the dogs and I walk by in the mornings.

On a completely different note . . . I took the dogs to the cemetery to run in the snow this morning. They had a blast! I almost ate it several times as I chased them around in the snow though. I forgot how fun the snow can be.

3 comments:

Hip Mama Mae said...

you had snow,we missed an ice storm thank goddess,many places north of us have been out of power for four days.one of my bosses had to help out at one of the stores that lost power,he was so pissed frozen,meat dairy all thrown out,he said to me almost in tears,those assholes could of given that to a soup kitched.he was telling me they had to buy there own cookies for break time, cheap bastards.unreal.

Bird Wicks said...

Crazy stuff. Not entirely surprising that they threw it out rather than taking it to a soup kitchen. Corporate America blows!

Anonymous said...

I too love to watch birds at my backyard enjoying meals from my bird feeder.